Saturday 6 August 2011

The chooks like the Raspberries! Help!!!!

Yep walk away chicken you are not
welcome to our raspberries!
I noticed the raspberries I planted a week or so ago have started bub burst. I noticed this when I noticed the chooks pecking at them. MMMM they needed protecting or the chooks would decimate them let alone when they start fruiting!!!

So I used some star pickets to make a trellis system around the Raspberries. I then used strong sighting cord/string to make a fence around the canes.

Now the chooks can't scratch around the canes i mulched them with straw in preparation for summer.

Bird netting will be drapped over the trellis to protect fruit in summer.  I want the raspberries not the chooks, birds, possums and other critters that love em just as much as me!

The fence erected just the mulch to
be added now.

No comments:

Post a Comment