Saturday 27 August 2011

Weeding and Mulching front garden beds!


Garden beds full of weeds. (before)
The front garden has been a little neglected over the last month, also spring is on the way and weeds have grown. Our lovely neighbours 'G' & 'S' have planted some yukkas, native grasses and bird of parradise on our boundary on our side above the retaining wall. (im sure they are trying to make thier view more palatable) we must paint the outside of our house some time. Add it to the list!!!! Anyway not only have they planted plants on our property they have also mulched it and it looks great. 
SO time to pull my wieght and bring the rest of the front garden up to spec as well.
So I weeded the garden beds long the boundary, around the bird feeder and the wine barrel fish pond.
When I removed the pine trees along the drive we had them mulched, leaving a large pile of mulch at the bottom of our front garden. our neighbours have been using a bit much to my delight but now it was my turn to push, heave and get wheel barrow loads up the hill and onto the garden beds.
After weeds gone and mulched. Much betterer!!!
A client gave me a few tree ferns she had me
remove from her garden. A welcome addition to mine!
from 'G' & 'S' property looking back at our place.
The out come is awesome. I put the mulch on thick 3-4 inches thick. This will help keep the weeds at bay for a while at least. It looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment