Saturday 27 August 2011

HANSA CHIPPER ORDERED WOOOO HOOOOO

I'm excited I have ordered my Hansa C7 Chipper, will arrive next week some time. Australian made commercial grade, heavy duty garden chipper. Now this will mulch/chip anything thing up to 65mm. But I've read people are mulching up to 100mm if it's green. So no more burning off for me at home. All the bark which falls and all my prunings, green waste, newspapers, compost the chooks don't/won't eat can me mulched and composted. We are also  having a large gum tree cut down soon which is on a decent lean over the house. I've been able to negotiate a much cheaper price as I can now mulch all the foliage myself. They will just drop the tree to the ground in bits then I will chainsaw up all the fire wood size, split and stack that, then mulch all the small stuff. Neighbours and I will use the mulch on our gardens in no time.
The great thing about this chipper is that it's self feeding and has a huge chute so branches with forks can also be put in. I'll post some photo's when I get it and when I'm using it.
If it was just for me I couldn't justify the cost. But a lot of my clients are also very happy I'm getting it as I will able to wheel it around peoples garden and mulch on site and put the mulch directly back onto the garden. No more burning off no more expensive tipping fees. And all that goodness goes back onto the garden improving soil structure and humus content. WIN, WIN, WIN. I can even claim it at tax time and depreciate it on my business. What more could you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment