Saturday 16 July 2011

Get me out of there I'm going NUTS!!!!

Rock swales to capture water 
Since Wednesday I've been sick. The worst cold/flu/chest infection thingy I've ever had, culminating in me loosing my voice on Friday morning.  I sound like I'm going through puberty all over again, voice breaking/squeaking when ever I open my mouth. The doctor on Friday said I should start improving over the weekend. It's
Sunday I'm feeling a bit better still no voice and a bit chesty but I have to get out into the garden I'm going NUTS inside. A small job outside was in order. I have been reading about Contour Swales lately and knew it would be perfect for the citrus trees I planted a year ago in the back garden.
Garden Swales capture water, holding and slowing it's movement down and concentrate it where plants can use it.  Today I dug the soil from the top side of the trees and made a bank following the contour of the land below the citrus trees. I used rocks to stabilise the swale and protect it from the chooks. Finally I have mulched around the trees. Now my citrus trees are ready for a hot summer. And the best thing I went inside and had me some of the best home made Salted Chocolate Caramel Slice my wife made today. It is So good!!!! Her Belly Rules Blog is linked it's well worth looking at to get the recipe to this amazing slice.
Water saving ideas that look good to!
Swales following contours on land

No comments:

Post a Comment