Monday 11 July 2011

Junk for some is GOLD for others.

A few months ago it was hard rubbish time. Well I 'found' some real goodies this year to recycle in my garden.  It never ceases to amaze me just what people throw out. I picked up a weed sprayer for the garden that worked!  A wood box which is now out the front of my front door for fire wood. All that was wrong with it was rusted hinges, I put a new set on and good as gold. People are amazed where I got it from!
Rosella's enjoying the wild bird seed
I picked up a lot of other good stuff including mesh for the chicken pen (keep reading blog it will be featured soon). a security door (also used in chicken pen). And the icing on the cake, a bird feeder on pole. 
All I had to do was dig a hole and put the post in the ground then some longer screws where used to attach feeder to post.  The birds love it, the neighbours and us love seeing the birds feeding from our living areas in our homes.   Lorakeets, rosellas, Corella's, king parrots, cockatoos, and many other birds enjoy the free feed in winter. And at night the possums come and polish off the remaining seed. How do the possums get up there!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment